Take your vitamins! This is something no one had to tell me when I was a child. When I was younger I loved to take my flavored vitamins in the morning. I would often ask if I could take more than one. When I got older my parents had to beg me to take them. Now that I’m an adult I look forward to taking my multivitamin daily. There is a positive difference in my mental and physical health when I take them.
When I go without my multi vitamin for longer than a day it’s obvious to not only myself but the people around me. Multivitamins provide the iron I need as well since I am anemic (I have an iron deficiency). Iron deficiencies cause negative effects on the body and mind as well as unusual cravings. When I go without my vitamins I experience a lack of energy, loss of motivation, and sometimes even depression. So I choose to avoid all of that and just take my Multivitamin so I can be at my best at all times. So if you’re wondering “should I take vitamins?” here are a few reasons that should help you decide.
A few reasons why YOU should take your vitamins:
1. People on weight-loss diets must be very calorie-conscious, and often at the cost of taking in the right amount of necessary vitamins and minerals. It’s never healthy to skimp on necessary nutrients, regardless of your weight, so dieters, especially, need to consider adding a multivitamin to their health-conscious regime.
2. Vitamin Deficiencies are a common cause of lethargy, depression, exhaustion, and mood-swings. These are all things that wipe the momentum out of diet and exercise plans, which is counter-productive to any weight-maintenance goal. Invest in a multivitamin and keep your mindset on the up and up.
3. Dieters can suffer from hunger pangs or uncomfortable blood sugar level fluctuations, which are common culprits for relapsing back into bad eating habits. A multivitamin rich in chromium aids in preventing those swings in blood sugar level, and actually assists your body in using its fat storage. That’s two great benefits in one supplement.
4. Intense workouts designed to burn fat and build muscle also tend to drain the body of certain nutrients it needs, such as chromium, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12. Because these nutrients are vital to your all-around health, and to your ability to continue building muscle (and remember, muscle burns fat), it is important to supplement your diet with a multivitamin that contains them.
5. Vitamin formulations are a great way to boost your regime.
-Tim Efit author
Daily multi vitamins come in many different forms for adults as well! There are chewable vitamins, gummy vitamins, vitamin smoothies and milk shakes, and the list goes on. If you can take the regular pill form don’t worry about getting fancy, just take your vitamins!
Many people aren’t sure how to take vitamins or how to take multivitamins, these simple tips should help you. You should set an alarm to take your vitamins until it becomes habitual. Make sure you have a meal before you take your vitamins and drink lots of water. I have experienced pain from taking a multi vitamin on an empty stomach. You don’t have to have a huge meal, a piece of toast will do the trick! If you decide to start taking vitamins or if you have been taking vitamins leave a comment and let me know how they’ve helped you! I’d love to hear from you! Stay Healthy and take your vitamins!